Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

CD/Radio is possessed

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
dieseltrukkin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD/Radio is possessed

Hi, I have a bizzare electrical issue with the factory radio in my 2002 Ram 2500 Cummings truck. I first noticed on a camping trip that my display on the radio stayed on even with the truck turned off and even when pulling the fuse. Since thenthe will randomly turn off sometimes even turning back on for a couple seconds, the radio sometimes keeps playing with no response from the volume or any buttons and at times it slowly scans all frequencies while playing the audio of it cycling the various airwaves. Eventually it shuts off completly. When ever those things happen the only thing that I've found that can fix it is to diconnect both battery terminals and then reconnect them and it will work for a while again. It has become more and more frequent so I often drive with no radio unless I go on longer trips then I take the time to reset it. It is becoming fustrating however and I have no idea where to start fixing the problem. I have no idea if this might be related but I have also replaced the cigarette lighter fuse 3 times and it blows immediatly if one attempts to use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CD/Radio is possessed

Sounds like something is shorted inside the radio. have any kids? Better check to make sure none of them dropped some coins in the slot. I see this happen at least once a month. But I would definatly be changing the radio. There is no external source that would make it change stations, ect. So the problem must be internal.