Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

97 2500 pick up and ignorant to audio equipment

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 06:46 PM
detop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 2500 pick up and ignorant to audio equipment

Hello, I have a 97 dodge ram pick up club cab.

The vloume **** on my radio stopped working so i decided to get some new audio equipment but i don't really know what to buy. I feel confident in being able to install the new equipment I just don't know what to buy or where to buy it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:05 AM
marionso14
Professional
Default RE: 97 2500 pick up and ignorant to audio equipment

that all ddepnds on a couple things... how much you want to spend, and what do you want out of it?

Old 02-25-2008, 04:53 PM
detop

Well i don't want to spend to much, I just want it to sound decent, doesn't have to blast or anything. I do like it a little loud but ntohing the speakers i have now can't handle...

basically i just need to find a cd player/radio that can work with my truck (don't know mucha bout that) i went to a few stores and noticed that all the radios were a lot smaller (in hieght) then mine, is there some kind of kit i can buy to put one of these store bought radios in myself or do i have to get it professionally installed?

Old 03-01-2008, 11:46 AM
squatchie16
Professional

There are kits that are designed specifically for your truck to make the aftermarket cd player look good. Crutchfield.com is a great place to look, good service ok prices and they include the Kit and the wires you need to hook it up.

For an entry level CD player, around $100, look for brands Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony, Panasonic or Alpine. You get what you pay for, but those brands should be decent at that price. Cheaper brands like Dual, Jenson or Boss should be avoided as the quality most times is significantly worse.

Quick Reply: 97 2500 pick up and ignorant to audio equipment