Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Ram Audio System(help/recommendations )

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Dirty01Sport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram Audio System(help/recommendations )

Just got my ram 2001 quad cap with infinity system. I will be adding my 2 12inch jl w3s under the back seat forward firing. Now I want to up grade the other 4 speakers and tweeters. Now im going to have plenty of bass so im just wondering on which speakers would be best for the doors.The head unit will be replaced with my kenwood from my old car. I was thinking of replacing the 6x9 in the doors and in the back replacing the 5 1/4 speakers with component speakers and then run the tweeters to the a pillar( these will be run off a another amp).So am i thinking the right way with all this and also what brand wll give me plenty of sound but not alot of bass? Im going to also run all new wiring and a 2 farad capacitor.Kinda new to all this so thanks for the help......

Old 03-15-2008, 08:25 PM
grymcraft
Default RE: Ram Audio System(help/recommendations )

hello,

I don't know much about the 01 rams, but I'm kind of at the same stage of the game with my 05 quad cab. First off the only direction I can fire my 10" subs from under the seat is upwards... so I hope you can actually get yours to fire forwards... I was thinking of running components (mid in the back tweet up front) + 6x9 up front as well... but I was talking to an installer and he said I should run 6.5" componets up front and customize the opening a little bit... something to think about any way.... as far as brands go I'm leaning towards alpine type r or infinity kappas. I've installed a lot of decks, amps and subs, but not much in the way of mid-high speakers. So if anyone has any suggestiond on brands that perform let us know... good luck with the system!

Old 03-18-2008, 04:55 AM
Zeppelinrocks
Veteran

Deffinately go infinity kapps if you are going to power them with an aftermarket amp. Get the 6x9 3ways in the front they can handle alot of power and they sound great. Get the 5.25 components in the back like you said but i dont belive you can mount them in the a-pillar so you are going to need to find a new place to mout them. I got them put in above the speaker grill towards the front of the truck in the door pannel. And do you have a box for the subs already if not it is extremley hard to but subs in our trucks.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:28 PM
scott1587

i did all my mids highs and the tweeters in the pillers, and i ended up just tossing the back seat cuz the speakers under the seat sounded like **** and wasn't enoughbass... here is what i ended up with. little crazyand ill proly go deaf before im 30 but im happy with it..memphis is the best if you got the dough

Name:  DSC04934.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  124.3 KB

Old 03-29-2008, 11:44 AM
ninetysixyenko

ORIGINAL: scott1587

i did all my mids highs and the tweeters in the pillers, and i ended up just tossing the back seat cuz the speakers under the seat sounded like **** and wasn't enoughbass... here is what i ended up with. little crazyand ill proly go deaf before im 30 but im happy with it..memphis is the best if you got the dough

ahh ****, i like that setup. that's what i think i'm gonna do, except i dont want that huge of a box, and would like to keep atleast one seat in back. but dual L7s would be nasty

Old 03-29-2008, 01:33 PM
scott1587

yea those L7's will bang if u got and the power and build the box right. i would be intrested in seeing how it turns out...post pics.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:15 PM
ninetysixyenko

well i had dual L7s in a sealed box in my Camaro powered by a SoundStream PCA2000D with a HO alt and 0G wire all the way around(including Big3). unfortunately, don't have any pics of it. i have pics of the system before that, and pics of the system in my ION(a single, ported D3, wired to 1ohm, getting powered by a sony '1000' -more like 750 or so- watt amp). but deffently gonna try L7s again if i get my dad's truck[8D]

edit - and that D3 takes the power like a champ(seing how it's rated at 400RMS). deffently a underrated sub.

Quick Reply: Ram Audio System(help/recommendations )