Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

uconnect swap??????

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008 | 11:30 PM
dasouz
|
Default uconnect swap??????

I have an 08 charger r/t, installed in the car is a standard single cd radio with uconnect and the free sattlite subscription for a year. I just bought a ren radio (couldnt pass it up) and I wanted to know if it is possible to install the new ren in the carand just swap the uconnect and sat radio from the old radioto the new radio.

I have asked the dealer and got the run around, he didn't know anything about the radios. Any one here have any ideas about this. I don't want to return the radio but I want the uconnect and the sattlite on the new system.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Dave

Old 03-19-2008 | 03:04 AM
StarBandit
Default RE: uconnect swap??????

First thing I would check is to see if you have the correct REN (MyGIG) radio. Reason being is there are two different bus types, one is low speed and the other high speed. The wrong radio can create havoc on the car's electrical bus.

If you're sure you have the correct unit, the uconnect will plug in exactly as with the single cd system. The satellite is another story. Being it is built into the radio, there is nothing other than the antenna for a connection. Depending on if the REN was activated you may only have a limited time left on that subscription. The only way to find out is to install it and see. If it works, you got lucky and keep on truckin'. If not, call Sirius to activate and see if they buy off that you are activating a new vehicle. Did you already activate your other radio via Sirius for the one year free??

The swap is easy and only has two plugs plus the two antenna leads. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: uconnect swap??????