Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2007 Stock Navigation and CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:14 PM
bubblyjock
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Stock Navigation and CD Changer

Hey guys, I had a JL Stealth box installed about a week ago and kept the stock head unit which was the navigation because I still wanted the factory look but with more bass. Well they had to use a converter to convert the speaker wire to RCA since the stock navigation has no RCA outputs. So they used their converter, and it didn't seem loud enough to me and I figured it was the converter. So I ordered a MTX re-Q and it seemed simple enough to put in so I tried it myself. So when I hooked up the negative battery cable I could hear the 6-cd changer was going crazy sounded like it was cycling through all the cd's. Well when I turned the key on and went to CD it showed that there were not any CD's in when I really had all 6 in. Everything else works, Navigation, Sirius, FM-AM, all cept the CD. And also when I turn the key off I can still tell my screen is lit up and it will only totally shut of if I take the key all the way out and put it back in. If anyone would have any information that could help me out that would be greatly appreciated!! I just really don't want to go to my Dodge dealer, because I know they will say since I messed with it then they wont cover it. Oh my truck is an 07' 1500, thanks guys!

Old 12-20-2008, 09:10 PM
jreynolds
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is your nav a REC model? I have an '05 Durango with the REC Navigation, and my screen is flickering on and off. I might be interested in buying your unit if the display is good and the models match up.

Quick Reply: 2007 Stock Navigation and CD Changer