Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

OK, got a problem here...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:55 AM
kabuk1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, got a problem here...

Last night my ex "helped" me install a new antenna on my '99 Neon & as I was outside trying to thread the new antenna wire through the firewall, he gets in the car & physically YANKS on the old antenna wire, along with the stereo wiring, with all his strength. It didn't come out, and now my radio is completely dead. No power at all. It's not just my radio cause I tried a different one & it didn't work either. Needless to say I'm really pissed. I have no idea what to do as I cannot afford to take it to a shop & have it looked at. Anyone have any idea how I could fix this?

Old 04-29-2008, 03:26 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker
Default RE: OK, got a problem here...

check your fuses and make sure there not blown(including the one on the stereo). You should have a black wire that goes to ground, then you need your red wire and your yellow wire to have 12 voltsfor the head unit to trun on. if anything is wrong with these wire the unit wont trun on.

your going to have to use your brain on this so if you dont want to, take the car to a shop.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:26 PM
kabuk1
Professional
Default RE: OK, got a problem here...

The fuses are fine. He must have torn a wire. damnit. Looks like I'm spending my weekend tracing wires.

Quick Reply: OK, got a problem here...