Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Installing My Pioneer In My New Truck.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing My Pioneer In My New Truck.

So I'm getting a new truck Friday and the first thing I'm going to do is switch my Pioneer 6900 from my old truck to the new one. The factory Dodge radio just doesn't do it for me. I know that I'm going to have to get a new dash kit, but what about a new harness?A friend of mine put my cd player in my truck for me last time, but this time I'm gonna do it myself. Does anybody know where I can get a new harness?And if I'm missing something please tell me. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Dokie
Rookie
Default RE: Installing My Pioneer In My New Truck.

Check Crutchfield.com.

I didn't see where you said what year your "new" truck is, maybe an 08?!

I pulled my Alpine head out of my '98 and put it in my '07. Required a different harness, again check Crutchfield, it was a Metra something or another, ran around $70.00. I ended up paying an extra $30.00 at the install shop for the harness however.
Thought about doing it myself but gave up the ghost. The short of it is, I am a chicken and didn't want to spend the time and inevitable frustration of attempting it myself.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

Yes, It's an 08. Comes in tomorrow. I have already checked Crutchfield and the harness I need is not currently available. I didn't know a harness was $70! Ifthat's the caseI might just leave the Dodge radio in for right now and get a brand new cd player later. I don't see the point in spending that much more money on a cd player I already spent $270 for.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Dokie
Rookie

Nice ride, and yes the stock stereo is horrible. I ran into the same problem last year about the wiring and there being limited information. I held out as long as I could with the stock unit and speakers, but it was painful. I think I lasted 3 months for the initial wave, head unit, speakers and amp. The free Sirius radio helped. Then in Dec 07, I had to add a sub-woofer and an amp for the woofer.

If I remember correctly, aftermarket harness bi-passed some sort of hub unit for the bells, indicator lights and such . But you sound capable, so I would suggest going to a couple local install joints and ask what it is going to take to change it out.

You can also PM habeba86, he is extremely knowledgeable. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Enjoy

Old 05-24-2008, 01:29 PM
beachmstr

The new harnesses are extremely expensive because of all the stuff thats built into the new decks (possible GPS, Bluetooth, yada yada). Its crap but makes for a more expensive jobs.

Quick Reply: Installing My Pioneer In My New Truck.