Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

system for my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Avox
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default system for my truck?

i need a new system for my truck...but i was wondering if any of you could help. I need to find 2 sets of speakers (1 for the front, and 1 for the back) and 2 subs (shallow) that i can put in my truck...but im not really that knowledged on speakers and what-not. What is the best brand out there...or does it really matter? I want my system to sound pretty killer, i was looking @ some hertz speakers and they sounded really good...but i was just wondering if anyone knew a place to get good deals on systems. Any help?

Old 06-08-2008, 10:03 PM
RyanGSP
Default RE: system for my truck?

My best advice is to make sure you match up your amp with your speakers and subs. Go to a audio shop and get them to price out a system for ya. I just priced out a Kicker Sub system with their new shallow mounts and its going to be just shy of 1000K CAD to install in my truck. That was from visions.

I have cruised Sonic Electronics and priced out a system a little cheaper. Kicker is my brand of choice but if I had to chamge I would go Alpine type R's. Go hard or go home. Stay away from Rockford Fosgate. They have turned to junk in the last 2 years.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:27 AM
marchant
Professional

I've heard many bad things about Sony, too. They're Xplode series is known for, well exploding and being crap. If you don't mind mix/matching, Infinity speakers are amazing for mid's and highs, which would work well with subs considering they should handle the lows with no problem.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:50 PM
RyanGSP

Ya stay far far away from the explodes.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Avox
Rookie

yea, i heard good things about the infinity speakers, ill probably go with that. Any one have any suggestions or insight on a good shallow sub? i have a JL sub in my truck right now, but they are way too rumbly, i want soemthing loud, but not as bassy...i was it clear and crisp thumps.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:18 AM
squatchie16
Professional

Getting accurate sounds from you sub has more to do with proper installation of the sub and using a properly sized amp than anything else. Have you considered talking to a knowledable installer and seeing what suggestions they have for making a new enclosure and setting up your current subs to optimize them instead of buying new subs? Might be worth it.

As for speakers, listen to as many as you possibly can and then buy the ones that sound the best to you. Hertz has a good rep for build/sound quality.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:04 AM
marchant
Professional

It depends on the music you listen to, but I just added a Kenwood SW1 Powered Sub purchased about 6 months ago (waited till i got a head unit so i could hook up through RCA cables). It has 2 6 1'2" radiated sub's... seems lame, but it really delivers a nice punch. I've been asked numerous times already if thats a 10" sub. It fits nicely behind my driver side backseat (the seat may still fold up and down but you have to be careful with the way the sub is sitting). I personally play country and a couple rap songs, both of which handle greatly with the Kenwood.

Overall, I give it a 4.5/5
It creates an evenly balanced well sounding system with a good head unit and infinities.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Avox
Rookie

i mainly listen to country...but everything gets played in my truck. I just have a 12' JL sub, and im sick of it sitting above my seat.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:04 PM
95dodgesport

pioneer makes actually really nice speakers

Old 06-22-2008, 03:25 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

stay far far away from the explodes.
why?