Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2008 Dodge Ram Regular Cab system

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Thome24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Dodge Ram Regular Cab system

I recently purchased a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab and I'm looking to put a system in it. My knowledge of systems is limited so I would appreciate some advice about what to do.

I want to get 2 single sub boxes to fit in a 12 X 12 X 12 space behind my seats. I want the subs to be either 8' or 10' Kicker solobaric L7's. Also, I don't know whether I need to get one or two amplifiers.They will also be Kicker, but I don't know how big they should be either.

Please share with me your knowledge and information of a good place to get custom boxes made, information about if I need an amplifier for each box, and how big the amplifier(s) should be.

Thank you for your help.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Undesolved
Veteran
Default RE: 2008 Dodge Ram Regular Cab system

just match the specs of the subs up with the specs of the amps

Please share with me your knowledge and information of a good place to get custom boxes made
you can either make one yourself or have a local audio shop make one or they sell some pre-made ones at some electronics stores that sell car audio just look for ones that might fit

Old 07-08-2008, 04:56 AM
99dodge360
Default RE: 2008 Dodge Ram Regular Cab system

There are a couple of places on the internet that sell custom boxes although you may have to just build your own. My suggestion would be to go with one amp though that way you have the same power to both subs. Every individual amp will actually send out different amounts of power from what I have been told. I know that on a rockford's sheet they differ with every amp and would figure this is true for others as well. Any good radio shop should be able to set you up with the proper amp. The first thing is to figure out the size sub you want, then the box (ie dimensions, air space...) then the amp to match the subs. One thing to keep in mind is that it is a system that has to be put together and matched up to get the best sound possible, all the way down to the wiring.

Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Ram Regular Cab system