Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

problem while installing aftermarket deck

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:04 AM
skp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem while installing aftermarket deck

i own and drive a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 sport v8

ok heres the deal. i installed an after market deck. well i went to five stores nobody had a wiring harness for a dodge. my friend is decent with car audio and said he could hardwire it. so i let him. only problem is ever since we installed it, my automatic door locks dont work, or keyless entry doesnt work or the overhead lights inside dont work. also i have to reset my deck everytime i turn the car on. but according to the diagrams my auto door locks and overhead lights should have nothing to do with the radio but they worked fine before i installed it. as of right now im clueless. anybody got any ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:12 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: problem while installing aftermarket deck

Check Fuses First ... I'm betting he zapped something on the install ... Also check the constant 12 volts feeding the radio you should not have to reset it everytime ...

Old 07-07-2008, 02:14 PM
skp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: problem while installing aftermarket deck

i just checked both fuses for the two things. both of them are fine and just to make sure i put in new fuses anyways. so any other suggestions?

Quick Reply: problem while installing aftermarket deck