Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2000 Dakota CC Subwoofers & Amps Install w/Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:02 AM
naznomad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dakota CC Subwoofers & Amps Install w/Pics

Just wanted to share pics of the project I did in my 2000 Dakota club cab
Here is the link to the pics :

http://rides.webshots.com/album/564049019upfJqg

The main purpose is to show the Sub box build,hopefully other Dakota owners will get some ideas for their own box.

Nothing spectacular,but it works for what i need,nice punchy bass,and sounds pretty clean.

The truck came with the Infinity "Premium"sound system ,but by the time the truck got into my hands,the speakers were shot to $hit,the crappy paper cones had seperated from the baskets totally.
(No expense spared by Chrysler as you'll see in the pics)

Initially I changed out all the factory speakers,I put a pair of Infinity Kappa 62.1i in the back,and a set of older MB Quart mids and a newer pair of Kenwood tweeters in the front.

This was all being run off the factory head unit and amp,but I changed the head unit for the Pioneer 3900MP which I had in my old car. (lots of recycling going on here!)

The tweeters turned out to be not great,the right one would peak and screech at a certain level,the left one was ok,so Im not sure if it was the tweeter itself,or the factory amp,and since I had intended to add subs and amps at some point anyway,i thought Id just go ahead and do it sooner rather than later. The equipment I used was:

Kenwood KAC 8104D Mono Amp (for the subs) (new)
2 x MB Quart Discus 10" subs (new)
Rockford Fosgate Series 1 4600x 4ch amp (for the components)
MB Quart DSH 216 Component set (new)

I was going to buy the Thunderform sub box to put under the rear seat,but then I decided to make my own out of MDF with a fiberglass bottom to fit in with the contour of the truck floor to give more clearance for the sub magnets.
I wired up the subs for a 2-ohm load,and bridged the Rocky amp into 2 channels x 120wrms for the components

It took me about 3 or 4 weeks to get all this done,I didnt have big blocks of time to work with

Ill see if I can do a video of the system running and post that too.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dakota CC Subwoofers & Amps Install w/Pics