Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

03 Durango SLT Stereo Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:25 PM
ftkidd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Durango SLT Stereo Question

Hello all,
I have a couple of questions regarding my 03 Durango SLT. I've browsed through countless posts and I'm not really finding the info I need. What kind of connections are on the back of the factory stereo? (I have a single cd/tape with changer controls) I'm trying to connect on iPod to it, and I'm also wanting to install an amp and sub. I have a feeling that I'm going to need to use an FM modulator for the iPod and for the subs, I'm guessing I'm going to need to use a HI to LO converter and tap into the speaker wires. are these assumptions correct?

If I do decide to replace the stereo with an aftermarket, will I lose the use of the steering wheel controls? I've seen it said on here that it's possible to still use them if you replace it with an aftermarket stereo that has a wireless remote, but I couldn't see an explanation as to how. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Quick Reply: 03 Durango SLT Stereo Question