Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

LG Dare & UConnect (Non-Factory)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 08:38 AM
toastedoat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LG Dare & UConnect (Non-Factory)

Hey all. I have a 2007 Ram 1500 with a non-factory-installed Uconnect module. I have had this combination for almost a year now, and everything was working as advertised. My LG Dare, however, was pairing, dialing, and working fine with the UConnect. Now, all of a sudden, it has stopped working. It pairs fine, it dials, but when the call connects I get dead air, and the person on the other end cannot hear me. Same thing happens when someone calls me - it answers, but dead air on both sides. I can use the phone with other bluetooth headsets with no problem.

I have disconnected, re-paired, and looked through all of the settings - I am a techie guy, and not afraid to dive through menus, etc. Since the phone works with other headsets, I am assuming it is something with the UConnect module itself, but I can't figure out what. I am going to try another phone today to see if that works, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Could/did Verizoon push a Dare update that would screw this up too?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: LG Dare & UConnect (Non-Factory)