Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Wanting (4) 15's in my '08 Ram QC

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:08 PM
thumperk15
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting (4) 15's in my '08 Ram QC

I had a '01 Dakota cc with a full wall, loved it, and want some in this truck. I will biuld it to come out, if I need the back seat. It will be heavy, but in my Dakota, I could take them out, but it being a CC it was too much trouble. I like a little bass, but need my back seats at time. I can build it so I can take them out. I will run a couple of Memphis 1500d's, to 2 boxes, hide my amps, and unplug the boxe, and take them out. Question is, does anyone have this kind of a setup in there QC Ram's?

Old 01-20-2009, 02:23 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

I have two subs under my rear seats. The box is also an easy in/out type. Just unplug the wires to the box (male/female plugs) and BAM! take the box out. Simple. How do you plan on fitting four subs, let alone four 15's in the truck without the seats being taken out?

Old 01-20-2009, 03:19 PM
thumperk15
Veteran

Seats will fold up and the boxes on the fold out flat storage

Old 01-23-2009, 02:00 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

Oh, I see. That's a neat idea. Are you still planning on using the storage under the rear seat? With all due respect, I don't see the point in having to do all that work to take the subs out and put them back in just to sit a few extra people. Wouldn't be more functional just doing two subs under the rear seats?

Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Lord... if you do this you should definitely get it metered, I'd be very curious to see how many dB's you'd pull. Just don't blow the glass out

Old 01-23-2009, 10:28 AM
thumperk15
Veteran

Originally Posted by HighDuke1911
Oh, I see. That's a neat idea. Are you still planning on using the storage under the rear seat? With all due respect, I don't see the point in having to do all that work to take the subs out and put them back in just to sit a few extra people. Wouldn't be more functional just doing two subs under the rear seats?
Yes, that would be (an easier) functional. I don't need the easier functionabilty lol. I'm stuck on a 15in sub, its just my own opinion on sub size. Would you buy a Ford just because your parents like it more? I bet you like your Dodge.

It would be easier for a couple smaller subs under my seats. Thing is I love my 15's and I have the boxes, amps, wires, cap, cd player, and everything laying around my house from the full wall that was in my Dakota. Its all nice and painted blue, the boxes are blue...lol. You are right on the easier way, and it can still be loud enough for your ears. 15's and subs with your seats gone will get you in the 160db range easily.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:36 AM
thumperk15
Veteran

Originally Posted by Altair
Dear Lord... if you do this you should definitely get it metered, I'd be very curious to see how many dB's you'd pull. Just don't blow the glass out
My Dakota hit a low 153db. I'm guessing with 2 amps insted of 1 I should hit 156, 157db maybe. Its easy to get 145db but to hit in the 150-160db range your looking into $6000+ systems.

I had about $6000 or more in my Dakota with everything that was over the stock stuff, new mids/highs and everything, 3in tweets, and my stereo was a 153bd but had concert style sound that good be heard for a half a mile or more....lol. My ears cant take that and I wont have on while driving. My amps will turn off, and my boxes will come out for room in back. If I can't do that then I wont have a system.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:43 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

Wow! Lol. That's some serious sound!!! Lol. Have you ever taken the Dakota to a sound competition? Do you plan that with the Ram too?

I understand what you're saying about the subs. But to me it's over doing it. Then again, I like all my stuff to sit in there discreetly. You know? I like doing the whole factory look but with major sound. Anywho, let's get some pics when you get started. Let's see the whole procees!!

Old 01-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's some seriously impressive sound! I tend to keep closer to the factory look myself but I definitely respect it when somebody goes all out like you're planning to. Only time I really don't like somebody's system are the ones that somebody just threw together and it's obvious they didn't care about the quality of their work when they did the install. You should definitely post some pics of the build as it goes along!

Last edited by Altair; 01-24-2009 at 05:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Wanting (4) 15's in my '08 Ram QC