Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Mygig navigation problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:04 PM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mygig navigation problem

I bought a Mygig nav radio in July, and it worked perfectly until about a week ago. The radio itself still works fine, but the nav is screwed up. When I turn my truck on, it shows me in the right position, but when I start driving, it shows me driving backwards in the opposite direction. It will do this for a few minutes, then it will finally show me in the right place, but still shows me driving backwards, and usually a few minutes after that it corrects itself and shows me going the right direction, but not always. If I go to the engineering menu (hold seek up, down, and menu), and go to the nav debug menu, and reset the nav calibration, it fixes the problem but only for basically that day, and the next day, it is screwed up again. I have the 9.807 software update. I was wondering if anyone with a Mygig radio has had this problem, or if anyone that knows about nav radios has an idea as to the cause.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:06 PM
TedEbear
Rookie

Any chance that a connector on the back of the MyGIG is loose? Check the GPS antenna connection. If that's turns out to be okay check for a pinched or damaged coax between the antenna and MyGIG unit.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:45 AM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

I’m not sure if the connector is loose, but I’m thinking it may have something to do with the antenna. I went out earlier, it showed me in the middle of nowhere and I wasn’t picking up any GPS signals, when usually I get signals from at least 7 or 8 satellites. Plus, I was looking around on a few other websites, and found some people with similar problems with their Mygig navigation, they put new antennas in and it solved the problems.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:59 AM
jazzley
Default MyGig map flipped, looks like backward driving

Hi 06 Ram5.7,
I recognised the same MyGig problem like you do. When driving, the MyGig shows that I`m driving backwards ?!?!?!?
In addition, the shown map is turned. The city in reality on the left side is shown in the map on the right side and vice versa. The GPS signal seems to be OK, it looks like if the synchronisation between map and GPS coordinates are gone.
Everything would be perfect if I drive the car sitting on the hood - viewing to the back of the car - and using the reverse gear.

I already tried resetting the device to factory defaults + took away the battery minus for 1 night, but the effect still remains the same.

Did you already find out a reson for your MyGig problem?
I also do have exactly the same software versions that you have.

Greetings,
jazzley

Old 04-11-2009, 08:41 PM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

No, I haven’t figured out what is wrong yet. Although it seems to be not as bad as it used to be, the radio seems to correct itself sooner lately, and sometimes the nav works perfectly. I just bought a new GPS antenna, but I haven’t put it in yet. From what I’ve read online, if the nav screws up, it seems that it’s either the antenna or the hard drive. And besides the nav, the rest of the radio works fine. So I’m hoping it’s just the antenna, since I have a 06, the radio is not under warranty, and I don’t want to pay $2000 for a new radio from the dealer, or another $800-$900 for one on Ebay.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if it will help but have you tried the newest update, 1.220?

You can download it from here: http://mofv.com/mygig/
Just click "Nav Mygig Updates (US/CA/MX-RER)" on the left, make sure to follow the instructions exactly as they are paying special attention to the Notes and Warnings at the bottom.

I know some of the updates supposedly address possible hard drive issues.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:26 AM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

Originally Posted by Altair
Not sure if it will help but have you tried the newest update, 1.220?

You can download it from here: http://mofv.com/mygig/
Just click "Nav Mygig Updates (US/CA/MX-RER)" on the left, make sure to follow the instructions exactly as they are paying special attention to the Notes and Warnings at the bottom.

I know some of the updates supposedly address possible hard drive issues.
Yeah, I have the 1.220 update, I downloaded it a couple weeks ago. I don’t know if it did anything, but the problem has been as bad the past couple weeks. Although, I haven't been able to find any information on the update, so I'm not sure what the update fixed or changed.

Trending Topics

Old 05-03-2009, 08:11 AM
hugekikd 2007
Veteran

did you get it fixed yet. i have bin runing mine for 4 months with no problems

Old 08-25-2009, 06:53 PM
GMONEY126
Rookie

I have the exact same problem in my 09 Ram. I have no idea what the problem is but I have the lockpick installed so I thought perhaps it was that.

Let me know if you find a solution!

Quick Reply: Mygig navigation problem