Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Where can I mount my amplifier in my 98' Ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 06:31 PM
pedestrian605@aol.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I mount my amplifier in my 98' Ram

I have a 98' dodge ram and I recently bought new speakers subwoofers and amplifier for it. But i can't seem to find much of any place to mount the amplifier. i have already tried under the passenger side seat, but it sticks out too far from both ends, and im worried about someone kicking it and i can't mount it under my back seats because my subwoofer enclosure is mounted there. Does anyne have any ideas?

Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Coy
Rookie

I have a few ideas but what size amp?

do you have bench or bucket seats in the front?
if you have buckets might think of modifing the middle console or even build a box around the amp (with adiquate air pasage) and attach the console on top. if done right it'd look ok.

I'm not sure but does the back seats back fold down?
see how much space is behind it. from what I remember not much, but might be able to put it there..?

with out knowing the size of the amp it's kinda hard to suggest.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:55 PM
pedestrian605@aol.com

it's a 5 channel powerbass amp.i think its around 17 inches long the back seat is a bench that lifts up vertical. but the space under that is taken up by my subwoofer enclosure i was also thinking about behind the back seats..to test it out i found a box that is about the thickness of the amp and duck taped it to the back and put the seats back in...the still work with it in but it would be a very tight squeeze...i dont know if it would be hard on the amp or not..

Old 03-25-2009, 09:05 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

it would probably be alright behind the rear seat. hot air will rise, so as long as cool air can flow under the seat and up behind it, then the ventilation should be ok. just be sure you don't get clothes or coats or junk blocking air flow.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:06 PM
audioaddict
Professional

My recomendation is go to the rear wall in the cabin. Try removing the carpeting that is on the rear wall, and if there's sufficient room behind, mount a piece of 3/8" MDF to the sheetmetal. Run all your wiring up and behind the carpeting and make small incisions where they need to come through to get to the amplifier. Replace the carpet, mount the amp (screwing through the carpeting) and attatch your wires. It makes for a pretty easy and clean looking installation.

Quick Reply: Where can I mount my amplifier in my 98' Ram