Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2004 Ram Double DIN install (pic intensive)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 12:21 PM
mopar6spd
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This helps a lot!

Thanks!!

Old 12-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Ostranza
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to bump this topic but I've been searching far and wide and this is the best topic I've come across...I'm a member on ramforumz but registered just to post on this thread. I've seen your youtube videos and ebay auctions among others Weedahoe and I definitely want to do this but I want to know what and how much plastic I need to cut behind my bezel to make a Clarion NX501 fit in there.

I noticed all the pics don't work on this thread so any chance someone could direct me to some good pics?

Thanks,
Ostranza

Old 12-30-2011, 07:08 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Ive got the pics and will post them later tonight when i get home as im on my mobile right now.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:36 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Pics as promised

As far as my auctions and listing versus others...........

When i do my local installs i use hurricane strap to mount my units to the dash. While plastic welding or molding a kit to the bezel sounds good, in my opinion it is a big risk if a thief gets in the ride. When i mount the units to the dash I also use security screws and this makes them almost impossible to get out as a common thief doesnt carry security bits with him. If you mount the unit to the bezel, then all a thief has to do is ****** the bezel off and the radio with it. Thats no good.

I also give the option to but the brackets, security screws and bit for an additional $25

Quick Reply: 2004 Ram Double DIN install (pic intensive)