Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Getting some bass into a QC

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 05:48 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting some bass into a QC

Hey, I need some ideas for getting some bass into my QC 2004. I also want to be able to hide any woofer somewhat so I don't loose functionality. I have the Infinity speaker system with stock head unit. Also, I have the fold-flat rear storage. Any suggestions?

Old 03-08-2005, 01:08 AM
outofmyheadz96sport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting some bass into a QC

you can get a stealthbox at www.crutchfield.com
i don't belive there are any stealthbox's that hold anything bigger than a 10in sub. but don't quote me on that. most box's fit under the back seat and can hold 2subs also. kind of a lot of money, but i think they're worth the convinience of not being in your way.

Old 03-08-2005, 06:35 PM
crcarch
Professional

MTX makes a Thunder box that installs easily, is out of the way and sounds good with two 10's and about 200 watts. You'll have to loose your flat floor, though.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:10 AM
gamagatsu1

i was tinking of putting a sub in the center storage compartment under the front seat, anyone try i? i dont want to lose the storage in the back seat so i figure the would do, what about the door? is this a bad idea?

Old 03-20-2005, 11:10 AM
crcarch
Professional

Using the factory center console would be tricky. First, it's very small. Most subs require at least 1 cubic foot of space. Second, you'd have to seal it. Since it doesn't have a bottom or a top, you'd have to add them or create some seal to the carpet and the lid. Third, you have to create a space above the speaker to get the sound out and not restrict movement of the face of the sub. Since the lid is the seat, you've got a problem there too. There was someone in this forum who was building custom center consoles to house a sub. You may want to look through the archives.

The doors aren't any good either. There's no way to seal them sufficiently with the window mechanism, handles, etc. and they'll rattle like crazy with some serious bass. Just listen to the stock Infinity system. Even with only 6x9 subs in the door, they tend to rattle and the bass is less than good.

I think Infinity makes a single sub enclosure that would fill up only one side under the seat, so you'd still have some storage space. You'd still have to loose the flat floor.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:00 PM
gamagatsu1

thanks crcarch i was thinking of using the small side of the back seat to put a sub in sounds like thats the best place

Quick Reply: Getting some bass into a QC