Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Setting up Sirius account - new purchase

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 03:46 PM
briguyit
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up Sirius account - new purchase

Greetings,

Just bought an 09 Ram and had a few questions about the Sirius service. I have the RER nav unit without the back seat DVD.

First off, how long is the free trial period? The window sticker says "1 Year Sirius Traffic" and I thought I heard te dealer say the radio service is also 1 year. However, my wife only got 3 months on her new Infiniti.

Second, do I need to wait until the end of the trial period to set up an online account on sirius.com? It wants me to select a service level and put in a credit card number. I just want to set up the account so I can use the "Listen online" feature but I don't want to be billed until the end of the trial.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-11-2009, 08:24 PM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The free trial is one year for both radio and traffic. As far as the online account, you should have gotten either an account number or the serial numbers for your radio (one for the radio and one for the traffic) in your paperwork that you can enter when you sign up online. You don’t need to wait, and your credit card won’t get charged, but you will get an email to renew your subscription. But you do need to set up a full account to use the online listening.

Quick Reply: Setting up Sirius account - new purchase