Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Amp + sub...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:56 PM
oclife22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp + sub...

Hey guys,
well I got my car, but I would like to add an amp and some subs in the case.
I know there are some wires laying in the back....my thought is that it's for an amp?!
well here is a picture... of my speakers in the back and the wires....

Can you guys recommend me an amp + a Sub...
Not more than 300$ for both..that will work with my speakers...:P

Thanks!!

Old 04-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Coy
Rookie

it looks like the wires are for an amp. but I wouldn't assume. I'd pull the deck and see if there are wires attached to the low outs. follow the wires and make sure you know how they are hooked up, you never know what type of clown installed them.

as for speakers and amp for under $300.? it all depends really on what you want. you can find good deals locally that are on sale or even used on craigslist but take caution about purchasing used stuff (as w/ anything). Hell you can even make walmart special subs and amps sound decent. like I said it's all in what you want.
Maybe start searching crutchfield for amp/sub specials or similar sites.

did a quick search on crutchfield and found a rockford bass package $309.99. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_700P300...ckage.html?c=3

also a quick google search. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...pecial&aq=f&oq=

there are some deals out there. What I usually do first when looking for "a deal" (more bang for my buck) is call the local shops and see if they have anything on sale. Then see if they are selling floor models. I've installed a few floor models in friends rigs and they've outlasted some of the new stuff. alot of my friends have hardley any money and 1 guy was able to get a $2500 complete system for about $500. just get creative. ;D

Last edited by Coy; 04-21-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:02 PM
oclife22

ohhh thank youuu!!

The blue wire I can see it in the front when I open the hood in the front...:O??
As for the subs and amp... I want something with a nice quality... I don't want something Too Loud...:P but something better than what I got right now!

Thanks!

Old 04-21-2009, 11:14 PM
audioaddict
Professional

Honestly man, if you're wanting a system installed, rip out all the existing stuff and start over. You never know what somebody else has screwed up. That's what I'd do if the car was in my shop anyway.

Quick Reply: Amp + sub...