Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Power Acoustik 12's vrs. Kicker comps??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 03:15 PM
EKUSMC
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Acoustik 12's vrs. Kicker comps??

I have the lower version Kicker comps with a Sony 1200 watt amp, it doesnt really hit that hard, cheap amp and stock deck still. I wanted to know if anyone is running the power Acoustik 2400 watt max/ 800 watt continuos 12'' subs? They are cheap and look really good, I'll buy a nicer amp, but what do you guys think?

Old 05-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Bigbody
Professional

i don't run a power acoustic amp but i can tell you this, you do loose alot being the subs are under the back seat, i have 2 12" kicker comps in my ford ranger and they sound pretty good on a kenwood 1000 watt amp, and i have 2 12" jbl in my ram under the back seat with a jbl 600 w amp that has more than enough power for both the kickers or the jbls so you may not need a 2400watt amp maybe just a better 600 or 1000 watt amp that will hold up, i know the sonys are kind of week no offense

Old 05-20-2009, 09:24 PM
audioaddict
Professional

Power Acoustics aren't a bad sub, obviously there's better stuff out there, but for the money and the type of speakers that are in that price range, they're a pretty good buy. I would definetly say ditch the factory radio, it's killing your sound quality. That, and a more powerful amp, something that'll kick out between 700-800 watts RMS.

Quick Reply: Power Acoustik 12's vrs. Kicker comps??