Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Does my Ram have Satellite radio?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 12:27 AM
wingnutks
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does my Ram have Satellite radio?

I just got a new dodge ram... it has a satellite radio antenna on the rear of the cab and the mode button switches to "Sat"... but it just goes to channel 163 and nothing happens. Do all trucks come with a sat antenna installed regardless if they have the satellite radio reciever? I am likley going to install an aftermarket double din sirius nav head unit soon, can I connect the factory installed sirius antenna to the aftermarket head unit?

Old 05-21-2009, 06:21 PM
audioaddict
Professional

They're prewired for it, but it's a factory option that if not installed, you don't have it. So if it doesn't engage the satellite radio when you push the button, you don't have it.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:12 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

You'll have to get at the business end of the antenna cable to know if you can use it. Chances are, you can. However, I would think that if you have have an antenna and a SAT button on your factory unit, you have SAT radio, you may just have to activate it. If this is a new truck, it should be covered somewhere in the owners manual or something that came bundled with the owners manual.

I just bought a Mazda RX-8 and it has a SAT button but no antenna. So, no sat radio installed. It's an addon option I'd have to get from Mazda. Or go with an aftermarket radio or addon sat unit.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:24 AM
wingnutks
Professional

Originally Posted by audioaddict
They're prewired for it, but it's a factory option that if not installed, you don't have it. So if it doesn't engage the satellite radio when you push the button, you don't have it.
Originally Posted by 04HemiGreg
You'll have to get at the business end of the antenna cable to know if you can use it. Chances are, you can. However, I would think that if you have have an antenna and a SAT button on your factory unit, you have SAT radio, you may just have to activate it. If this is a new truck, it should be covered somewhere in the owners manual or something that came bundled with the owners manual.

I just bought a Mazda RX-8 and it has a SAT button but no antenna. So, no sat radio installed. It's an addon option I'd have to get from Mazda. Or go with an aftermarket radio or addon sat unit.
I checked under my glove box and I think I found the sat radio reciever. It doesnt have a sat button, it just has a mode button. What do you mean "engage" the satellite radio?

Quick Reply: Does my Ram have Satellite radio?