Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Looking at Subs in my 04 Dodge 1500 NEED HELP WITH WIRES!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 01:38 AM
06 RMK 900
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at Subs in my 04 Dodge 1500 NEED HELP WITH WIRES!!

Alright Im new here so Lets see how this works.

I'm looking at putting in some subs in my pickup I just bought. I have the Sub,Box,Amp, wire all that. I Want to put my subs in but keep the factory 6 Disk CD player with the Infinity speakers system in. I already bought a 2/4 Chanel output converter.

I'm having problems figuring out where to wire in the converter. My plan was to put it right behind the CD player. But when I was trying to find out which wires went to where I was not finding a Diagram with the same wires. I started taking of door panels trying to figure out what colors where which in the dash. When I was looking the colors where not the same up in the dash. I then got on this forum and started doing some searching and Realize there is an amp already in the dash. I did find a Diagram that the wires between the amp and deck are the same.

Question is can i put the converter between the Cd player and the amp, Or do I have to go between the amp and the speakers? Also do I need the converter or is there output on the amp in the pickup already. I hope someone can help me out.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 PM
06 RMK 900
Rookie

TTT. no one has anything?

Old 06-09-2009, 10:49 PM
audioaddict
Professional

You'll need the converter, and I usually throw my converters in after the amplifier. You won't have any sort of additional output on your factory amplifier, mainly because the system is not meant to be added onto, and it doesn't produce enough power to drive a decent sub.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:22 PM
sweetsrt-10
Professional

Originally Posted by 06 RMK 900
TTT. no one has anything?
If I remember correct I went in behind my radio and went to the wires that have the same line going thru them. On my truck I think it was the orange and blue lines going thru solid color wire

Quick Reply: Looking at Subs in my 04 Dodge 1500 NEED HELP WITH WIRES!!