Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

new deck infinity sound system

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Markmm0000
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new deck infinity sound system

I just installed a new alpine deck and got everything going but I dont have any sound comming from the speakers other then the aftermarket sub. I got a harness from Bestbuy and hooked everything up but cant figure out why im not getting sound. I searched everything tried a few things nothing worked. the12volt.com didnt help . anyone know what to do? 05 dodge ram 1500 4x4 reg cab infinity system.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:04 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

i have an 04 and have the same problem. i called scosche and they told me to run all new speaker wires from the deck to the doors. you have to bypass the factory amp. i would think that some one has encountered this before and solved it. i took the brown wire and plugged it into the blue/white wire for the aftermarket amp remote and i got sound the deck worked awesome but all other electronics in my truck failed. no dash cluster or anything. my dash said no bus. so i unhooked it and everything is back to working order still no sound. i hope someone chimes in and fixes this.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:10 PM
audioaddict
Professional

You're not powering up the factory amplifier. There have been a few other topics on this, but there is no need to bypass the amp. Blue with white tracer is your factory amp turn on wire. This needs to see +12v when the head unit is kicked on. The brown wire was NOT the correct wire to hook up btw.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:32 PM
DirtyDodge23

i remember on mine when i hooked my aftermarket deck up it did the same thing....i remember i think it had to do something with the anttena because mine got power for the cd player through the attena...i really wish i could remember what i did lol

Old 06-23-2009, 06:47 PM
audioaddict
Professional

Yellow = +12v Constant
Red = +12v ACC
Black = Ground
White, White/Black = Front Left +/-
Grey, Grey/Black = Front Right +/-
Green, Green/Black = Rear Left +/-
Violet, Violet/Black = Rear Right +/-
Blue = Power Antenna
Blue/White = +12v Amp turn on
Orange = Illumination
Orange/White = Dimmer

Everything is color coded if you're using a factory adapter harness. Not rocket science.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:05 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

i know its not rocket science. i had the blue/white wire hooked up from the start and it was a no go. i was just playing around when i hooked up the br wire. the is something about the amp being controlled by the bus system. so the 04s and up dont just plug and play. effin computers

Old 06-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Hillbilly SQ

That's why it pays to get the base system if you think you might be upgrading in the future.

Quick Reply: new deck infinity sound system