Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

iPod connection to RAQ in 2004 Durango SLT

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 05:12 PM
mstokes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod connection to RAQ in 2004 Durango SLT

Hi,
I am soory if this has been asked in the past but I can;t quite find the exact situation.

This is what I have:
2004 Durango SLT
Infinity speaker system with sub woffer
RAQ 6 disc changer with MP3 support
Rear seat DVD 'VES' system

You can play the DVD movie audio through the RAQ speakers by pressing mode until DVD is indicated, or, you can use the RF headphones.

I would like to hard wire my iPod into the RAQ.

It seems there are some solutions out there that require you disconnect the DVD player from the RAQ and then the 3rd party iPod interface connects where the DVD system used to connect.

so,

my questions are

1) If I use a 3rd party iPod interface that makes you disconnect the DVD play from the rear of the RAQ, will the DVD player still function as a DVD player and send the DVD audio to the headphones ?

2) Does anyone know of a 3rd party iPod interface that allows both the DVD and iPod to be connected to the RAQ

3) The DVD system has RCA jasks on it (Left,Right and Video) one would assume these are there to connect a video game or camcorder to the DVD screen. I cannot find a way to switch to this input. I would expect to have found a AUX or Line 1/2 button on the remote / menu but there is none there. If I could switch this input on I may be able to connect the iPod to that - any idea on how to turn on / select his input.

thanks

Old 07-05-2009, 02:46 PM
hoon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-sorry wrong info-

Last edited by hoon; 07-07-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Quick Reply: iPod connection to RAQ in 2004 Durango SLT