Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

this a good deal on two 12" L5 subs? or what do u recommend?

Old 09-27-2009, 02:54 PM
townsley4
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this a good deal on two 12" L5 subs? or what do u recommend?

hey i got a buddy that wants to get rid of a pair of two 12" L5 subs and wants to sell them to me for around 200$ a piece. he said he could get a box fro them and put them in my back seat. he has 1,000+watt amp that he said he would sell for around 200 to me as well. is this a good deal or no?

im looking for soemthing to put in the back seat of my truck. i have a quad cab so i could take the seat out, or put them under it, but what would sound good and have alot of punch? one 12" or two 12's? two 10's?

Old 09-27-2009, 07:52 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the age of the speakers and the kind of amp that it is. You can pick up new L5's between the $200-$250 if you look. The amp, 1000W is nice, but again we would have to look at age and condition. And what about the box, is he GIVING you a box or making you buy that as well? Also, what kind of box. Is it a standard short block truck enclosure, or is it the custom box built for the quadcabs?

Need a little more info on the merchandise, but IMO for $600, you could get everything, of great quality, and with a warranty new.

As far as going with 10's or 12's, is mostly going to be a like thing. Like what kind of music do you listen to, and how much bass do you want. If you are looking for ear bleeding bass, go with the 12's and a huge amp. Looking for bass to shake the mirrors and you can feel in chest, but won't make you go deaf? Go with a good set of 10's and a 400-600W amp.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:36 PM
townsley4
Veteran

hey thanks for the reply. he didnt specify how old the amp was. but yea he said he would "build me a custom box" for my quad cab. he has a set of two 12"s in the back of his blazer that he showed me. he built the boxes for them, and they didnt look to bad. i know he had some kickass bass. are L5's good subs?

i usually listen to rap and rock.

nice ride btw

Last edited by townsley4; 09-27-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:08 AM
audioaddict
Professional

Nope, definetly not worth it. I personally hate Kicker, but from a completely unbias position, they're Kicker's specialty is SPL and nothing else, and even then, the L5's aren't much to scream about. If you're looking for something that is going to have a nice tone, will handle the low notes without bottoming out and handle high volumes without distorting, then Kicker is not for you. If you want it loud and don't care about much else, then they're an decent brand.

If you're looking for a good sounding set up, check out a few other brands. The Pioneer Premier Series, Elemental Designs, the Rockford Fosgate P3's, Alpine Type R or X's are all great speakers to work with. They'll all probably run you more than $200 a piece new, but you'll be getting a MUCH better speaker with full manufacture warranty.........and it's not something that every rice rocket and wanna-be bass head has sitting in their trunk or hatch.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Jonhyboi
Veteran

Type R's all the way! Just got new Type r 10's with a 2400 Lanzar amp an they sound perfect. and plenty bass.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:26 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

hey i just got a 10in. single kicker L5 used and paid 100 bucks.(have sony explode 1000w amp to it) and it pounds louder than the two 12 in. Mtx's i had in my car. L5's are great subs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: this a good deal on two 12" L5 subs? or what do u recommend?