Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

95-00 dodge radios

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 09:29 PM
akbusdrvr32
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95-00 dodge radios

I am trying to wire a '95 Dodge radio into a fifth wheel. other trhan the spkr obvious what are the extra wires for? the two in the middle of the back of chassis (Purple & White/purple); Park(white), ILL (orange), ACC (red/white), BAT (pink). How would I wire this? if I have 12v + and -?

tnx

Old 10-09-2009, 08:46 PM
audioaddict
Professional

Hard to say, colors were not universal. It would be easier if you knew what the radio was out of.

You'll have the 8 wires for your 4 speaker channels, if it's an Infinity radio, one of the wires will be an amplifier turn on, dimmer, illumination, memory, accessory, etc.

EDIT:

Easy way to figure everything out and make wiring nice and simple, pick up a reverse harness from Best Buy or Crutchfield. That will give you clearly labeled wires.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:32 AM
shelbydaytona
Banned

Originally Posted by akbusdrvr32
I am trying to wire a '95 Dodge radio into a fifth wheel. other trhan the spkr obvious what are the extra wires for? the two in the middle of the back of chassis (Purple & White/purple); Park(white), ILL (orange), ACC (red/white), BAT (pink). How would I wire this? if I have 12v + and -?

tnx
well, u have the list of what all the wires are for obviously u need to connect one wire to power (bat which is memory), in the car when u turn on the key power goes to (acc) do u want to make the display dimmable? if not then dont bother with putting power to the ill post all the radios mid 80's to 2000ish use the exact same connectors and it dont matter if you have an infinity unit or not. u dont need to buy any harness kits, all u need is a schematic 1995 minivan wiring matches some of the colors you posted. again id say ignore the lighting wires.

Quick Reply: 95-00 dodge radios