Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Two 12's and Two 10's in a 96 Dakota Ext. Cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Big_B_96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two 12's and Two 10's in a 96 Dakota Ext. Cab

alright so heres the deal... i had one ten to start off with in my dak and wasn't completely satisfied. so i added another ten. amp was a little too much for em so i stepped up to 12's. blew a pair and now have another set of 12's. i still have the pair of 10's.

my 12's are in a ported box. the 10's are in sealed boxes. the 12's hit low bass and mid bass really hard but the higher bass it hardly touches. the 10's hit high and mid bass really good but doesn't get the real low stuff very well. i let my buddy borrow my 10's for a couple weeks and he put em in his PT cruiser. he already had a set of 12's in there and with the 10's it sounded really good. i'm not sure how he hooked it up though and he's in the marines off somewhere so i cant ask him.

i want to do this in my truck. right now i have an pioneer premier 800w monoblock pushin the 12's. and (this isn't really relevant but) i have a pioneer 600w 4 channel on a pair of 5 way 6x9's and a pair of 3 way 5 and 1/4's. my radio only has one sub out for RCA cables.

so what i'm getting at is how (if its possible) can i have both pairs of subs in the truck on the one amp i have now? and if i can get all of them on that one amp will it sound like **** with only 200W goin to each? also if i need to get another amp how can i get sound to it since i only have one sub out? i've seen people run multiple amps for the subs but i dunno how.
both pair are from companies kinda new to the market i believe.

the 10's are interfire single voice coil and rated at 400w each.
the 12's are crunch dual voice coil and rated at 500w each. i can hook up a basic system. when everything is pretty straight forward but i get lost when it comes to the technical side of it.not sure about the ohms and all. i think its 2 right now with the 12's. with my last pair of 12's the way the subs were.... "bridged?" it was runnin 1 and it burnt up the voice coils.

i'd like to get by without having to buy another amp and all. for one i don't really have the money to spend on another amp right now and two i have no idea where to mount the thing. but if thats the only way then its fine. i'd like to be able to do it now but i can save up if i need to. im not in a hurry.

i know that the 12's are probably good enough. i've had many people compliment my system. but i want just a little more to it bc i feel like my highs are too much sometimes. i want just a little extra "umph" in it

any input or opinions are welcome.
preferably "good" ones
but if you have somethin negative to say i can't stop you from it so go for it.
i get a kick out of it sometimes.
but anyways.
i appreciate it.

Blake

Quick Reply: Two 12's and Two 10's in a 96 Dakota Ext. Cab