Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

'06 Ram MegaCab w/ Infinity System - New Head unit

Old 11-01-2009, 03:45 AM
ThaChad
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 Ram MegaCab w/ Infinity System - New Head unit

Hey all,

I just purchased and install a Kenwood DNX9140 Navigation head unit.

Upon install I found out that the 7 Speaker Infinity system only has Left and Right channel input from the wire harness, So I can't use the Dual Zone feature on the head unit because there is no Front & Rear. I guess the amp controlls fading via the CAN BUS system which the aftermarket head unit can't controll.

So I was thinking about replacing the speakers, but I can't find a definative answer as to what size the speakers are.

Since I would have to run speaker wire to each speaker to bypass the factory amp, I am considering purchasing a 5.1 DD amp and putting a center channel in the dash.

Has anyone done anything like this?

Thanks for any info..

ThaChad

Old 11-12-2009, 07:05 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I used to have something like that and a 5.1 amp is fine but in my truck now I just ran two amps. One is for the subs and the other the mids/highs. I think you are doing the right thing by not keeping existing wiring and speakers. If you are going to spend that kind of money then yuo might as well go ahead and spend another 100 in new door speakers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '06 Ram MegaCab w/ Infinity System - New Head unit