Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

radio wiring questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 12:42 AM
mechanic021
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio wiring questions.

Hey guys Im new here so bear with me if I am asking to many questions inb my first post. I have a 1997 dodge ram without the infinity radio system in it. I purchased a 2005 mode year RB1 factory navigation radio off of ebay and I plan on putting it in my 97. I went to the dealer and got the wire harness adapter part number 82207541. I noticed there is a couple unused wires on this harness there are 2 black wires one with a ring terminal and one with a spade i figure these are the grounds. the second one is s quare shaped black plug with one wire in it it is purple with a yellow tracer. Now on to my questions what is this purple and yelow wire ? is it for the speed sensor ? if it is where can I find the speed sensor wire in my truck to hook it up for my navigation? Also I got some steering wheel control buttons off of a jeep grand cherokee I believe its a 99 model. how can I wire these switches to the RB1 harness to I can use these contros for the radio? I am not instaling them in the steering wheel I have other plans for them. Thanks for all your help and sorry for such a long post. P.S. yes i already know the RB1 unit wont work perfectly in my truck cause the year differences. thanks again
Mike

the steering wheel control buttons have 2 wires on the pug they are red with yellow tracer and pink with black tracer both switchs are liek this.

Quick Reply: radio wiring questions.