Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

disable uconnect

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 09:03 PM
camillian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disable uconnect

Hi all
I have installed the clarion NX700 Nav/DVD/Bluetooth into my 2010 caravan. I disconnected the UConnect wires to the rear View mirror but my phone is still trying to go crazy to connect to "U-Connect". I have removed the profile but for some reason it still continuously tries to reconnect to the Audio Device.

This leads me to believe that my phone, Clarion and U-Connect are having some sort of confusion. I think at this point i either need to disable/disconnect the u-connect module ? Is this possible, where is it ?

Thanks

Old 02-19-2010, 09:41 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you replaced the radio, I am assuming by a dealer, the UConnect feature is gone. All it is, is a module that is plugged into the back of the stock radio. Unless the installer unplugged the module and left it in your dash with the power wire hooked up to it.

You said you deleted the uconnect profile from your phone, but I have to ask if you have your phone set to "bluetooth on" and "not hidden". If so, then your phone is trying to connect to the new radio as well (as you have stated that it too is bluetooth) and waiting for you to complete the commands.

You mention that your phone is asking to connect to UConnect. Off the wall question here, but is there another car within 50 ft that has UConnect? Probably not, but just asking.

If it comes back to possibly the installer leaving the module in, which doesn't sound all that crazy since it is a $200 accessorie and only works on chrysler cars, he may have left it in, take the car back and ask to have it removed. Then bring it back here to the forum and sell it...LOL!!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 05:29 AM
camillian

I had it installed at a clarion dealer, Bluetooth is enabled on my blackberry and when I turn on the sytem my blackberry automatically hooks up to the clarion as I already paired them however the uconnect module must be sending a signal as every ten seconds or so I get a request on my blackberry to enter pass key for uconnect.

I guess the uconnect module still has power and I need to disconnect it, I am just not sure if it is behind the radio or behind the glove box as I have heard of it being in different locations on different threads?

2010 Dodge Caravan

Old 09-05-2010, 01:25 PM
sokkaleo

Camillian,

Was wondering if you ever found the module - fixed the issue. I've got the same problem with my 06 Grand Cherokee. Got a new nav radio installed, and the phone pairs and works through it fine, except that uconnect is continuously badgering my phone for a passkey. It makes use of the phone in the car miserable and dangerous, and wears my phone battery out.

Have taken apart half my car looking for something to unplug, but cannot find. If you know anything, I would be very grateful. Trying to find the uconnect module. Thanks,

Quick Reply: disable uconnect