Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

CD Player Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 01:51 PM
DRSDodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Player Problem

I'm having a weird issue with my CD player. I used to be able to play burned CDs just fine, but now, although I can still play them just fine, when I press the skip button to move to the next song my CD player just restarts the current song. This is the case for newly burned CDs and like I mentioned, this never use to happen. Has anyone had this happen or have a solution to fix this?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:01 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it do it with original CD's? Have you tried it? Sounds more like the radio button might be acting up and not the actual CD.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:26 PM
DRSDodge

I actually don't have any original CD's. What do you mean the radio button? Like the mode button or is there an option that I may have accidentally pressed?

Old 03-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Dixie Mudslinger
Veteran

hmm maybe a change in burn format for the new CD's? i know when i used compressed mp3 files for cd's so i could fit more songs on the disc it would only play track one does the disc actually switch songs if you let it play through?

Old 03-10-2010, 10:37 AM
DRSDodge

Well I would look into that but the problem is, it's the same CD's that once worked are the ones not working anymore. I've also made sure they aren't scratched as I keep them in the case. So I feel like it's a setting on the actual player but can't figure out where or what it could be.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:08 AM
DRSDodge

Any suggestions for what setting this may be on the stock CD player? Like I mentioned, these are burned CDs that still play fine but I used to be able to use the skip and back functions but now I cannot. When I press the skip button to go to the next song, it just restarts the song.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Dixie Mudslinger
Veteran

from what im hearing from you it sounds like the radio may be on the fritz my original ram radio did that and i had to change it for my new one

Old 03-15-2010, 03:19 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the delay. When I mentioned the button thing, I meant that the actual button for the skip is bad. All the button is is a plastic rocker switch that presses one of two air lifted bubbles on the front panel of the main radio. These things are easily broken when pressed a million times over or just to hard in general.

So that is what I was talking about and like dixie, just think that the radio needs to be replaced.

Quick Reply: CD Player Problem