Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Need help on 2005 Dakota V8 keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:24 PM
mdpt12
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on 2005 Dakota V8 keyless entry

My keyless entry went bad on me a while back. I have traced the problem I believe to the key fob. The interior power locks all work fine. However, the keyfob is one of those integrated key ones. I have repaired the key fob twice - it appears to be a cheap metal connection on the battery terminal that keeps breaking. It worked for a month each time, but finally could not be repaired.

I took the problem to the dealer, and to get new key fobs all set would be quite expensive.
I have had a car audio/video place suggest getting an aftermarket keyless entry system as a better alternative.
I did this, and would like to install it myself.

Some technical questions for you
-The wiring diagram in the Haynes manual (page 12-42) shows the wiring for the door locks going from circuit breaker - pnk/yel wire - split to driver express switch/passenger switch - ppl/dk green wire and ppl/lt green wire to instrument cluster. Than is has various colored wires from the instrument cluster to each door latch.
My understanding is that the CTM (central timer module) inside the driver's kick panel is in the instument cluster, and contains the receiver and brains for factory keyless entry/alarm system.

-My aftermarket keyless entry has simple outputs - red wire to door unlock pulse, green for lock pulse, red/green for driver unlock only.

-Next, how do I install the aftermarket keyless entry? How do I bypass the factory brain/receiver in the CTM module?

Thanks!

Old 06-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Corks
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't be helpful to your question but curious as how you repaired your fob? Mine died and I soldered it together and its been working for about 2 months now thought it was still dead after but after getting last ditch effort I tried to go into programming mode and it started working again. So far the it's been holding up for roughly 4 months now

Quick Reply: Need help on 2005 Dakota V8 keyless entry