Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Stereo doesn't work, please help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 01:17 AM
iownan05
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo doesn't work, please help.

So yesterday I went to pick something up to eat in the truck and everything was running fine. Then after I come out and start up the truck my stereo just stopped working. All the buttons on my head unit would light up but none of them would work. It also sounded like my speakers were still on somehow (even when the truck was off) and it made a low staticy noise.

Any help on what I should check for would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:22 AM
nozmadd0x
Veteran

Pull the radio and check to make sure all the wires are still hooked together. Also, does your radio have a cell phone or mute mode? Maybe you hit that by accident.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:24 AM
iownan05
Rookie

Originally Posted by nozmadd0x
Pull the radio and check to make sure all the wires are still hooked together. Also, does your radio have a cell phone or mute mode? Maybe you hit that by accident.
checked all the wires, they all seem to be hooked up right. I do have a mute mode on my head unit but absolutely none of the buttons are working. And even when I try to leave my truck.. all the lights on the head unit stay on even without the keys in.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:55 PM
nozmadd0x
Veteran

Sounds like a headunit from hell lol. Im not too sure what to tell you. Maybe unhook the whole thing and try again. Or maybe try the reset button (if there is one on the back) and see what that does. Last resort is to always go to an audio shop and see if the "professionals" can't figure it out.

Quick Reply: Stereo doesn't work, please help.