Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

hear .....truck related

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Dunno207
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looked around at some, but have no kids so it useless. I'd just be like those people who put screens on the backrest in the third row seats for the people behind me.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:25 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, no kids to have to keep entertained. They used to have a little bit of a "wow" factor and a lot of guys put them in just to be cool. But now they've dropped so much in price that they are pretty much looked at as cheap bling in my circles.

My mother's previous vehicle (Grand Caravan) had two of them in it. Was part of her Nav package. Other than being turned on a couple of times to basically show them off to people, they were never used.

I guess if you got kids, they would make a pretty good "instant babysitter"...

Old 06-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These things are great for kids. We drive from here to Hilton Head in the summer (13 hour trip) and this thing keeps the kid entertained for most of the trip.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:36 AM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my 6y/o daughter would just yawn at me if i put one of those in my truck, she would much rather gawk out the window and dance in her booster seat

Old 06-25-2010, 10:48 AM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahahha i knew it was only a matter of time before this got moved. I wanna know why the rest of the off topic threads dont get moved also. Seems like you only get a thread moved when you **** off a mod -- then they throw the rule book on you. My audio build got moved for the same reason. I pissed someone off and the thread magically got moved where it "belongs".

Old 06-25-2010, 11:24 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Then I would suggest you NOT **** off a mod!!!

I tend to rarely move threads anymore, I have too much to do trying to put out fires started by little **** ant internet thugs who like to talk sh*t on forums because they can't get their wise a$$es beat over the internet and leave the day to day maintenance of the individual sections to the section moderators.

But if I do get a reported post by a member in my email or PM box, I'll usually go handle it. YOU'D BE VERY SURPRISED HOW MANY OF YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS REPORT INAPPROPRIATE POSTS! Which is a good thing, I'd much rather see a member report a post to a mod rather than make a comment in the open forum and start a pissing match. I'd venture to say that MOST of the time you think a moderator is just looking around for posts to move just to **** you off, he does so because one of your "buds" reported the post...

and for the record, when someone starts a thread with this post:

ahh just wanted to jump start the place seems dead .... get in your BS post now till this gets moved fellas .

what a title huh?

He's pushing buttons, is drunk, is just an a$$hole or all three and if one of my mods doesn't move it to the OT thread or just delete the thing, I'm gonna have an issue with the moderator...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 06-25-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:49 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by HammerZ71

I tend to rarely move threads anymore, I have too much to do trying to put out fires started by little **** ant internet thugs who like to talk sh*t on forums because they can't get their wise a$$es beat over the internet and leave the day to day maintenance of the individual sections to the section moderators.

But if I do get a reported post by a member in my email or PM box, I'll usually go handle it. YOU'D BE VERY SURPRISED HOW MANY OF YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS REPORT INAPPROPRIATE POSTS! Which is a good thing, I'd much rather see a member report a post to a mod rather than make a comment in the open forum and start a pissing match. I'd venture to say that MOST of the time you think a moderator is just looking around for posts to move just to **** you off, he does so because one of your "buds" reported the post...

He's pushing buttons, is drunk, is just an a$$hole or all three and if one of my mods doesn't move it to the OT thread or just delete the thing, I'm gonna have an issue with the moderator...
nice.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:57 PM
AWE Daniel
Veteran

lol that other thread disappeared completely..... (shame on you RH)

My radio has a small 3.5" screen and plays dvds and stuff, good for the passenger to watch.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:03 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by HammerZ71

Dang Hammer, I didn't know you wanted to beat me up!

Old 06-25-2010, 03:31 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why cant we just all get along, its really not that hard

Quick Reply: hear .....truck related