Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Speaker Preference

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:12 PM
littlebeep3
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Preference

I was wondering if I should stick with 6x9s in the front and 6-1/2s in the back, or should I go 6-1/2 all the way around? Opinions?

Old 07-30-2010, 08:18 PM
CardinalsFan11
Professional

I've always found it best to have the same size all around, because when you have different sizes the music sounds a little different and doesn't sound perfect. When you're dropping the $$$ on a new system you want it to be perfect so I'd stick with the same size. However if you do decide to go with different sizes, make sure it comes from the same brand.

What brand speakers are you looking at?

Old 07-30-2010, 08:27 PM
osp1560

6x9 have a better bass sound, that may be why the front doors are bigger than the rears.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:30 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd be very surprised if you could tell quality diffrences between 6x9 coax and 6.5 coax. now, 6.5's give you more versatility because they come in componet stylew ith seperate tweeters, but 6x9's will have more bass.More woofer surface are means more bass. If our looking for an easy install, your better off sticking with 6x9 up front and 6.5 out back. Same manufacturer is reccomended on basis installs.
I had a set of Polk DB series coax's and they sounded really goood. They were pretty cheap too.
coaxial=2-way or 3-way
component=individual woofers and seperate tweeters w/crossover

Old 07-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Nothin'_but_trucks
Professional

I've got the Polk DB series as well and they sound great, have no bass but the highs couldn't sound any crisper. The rears are actually 5.25 but 6.5 will fit. I'd go with 6x9s up front due to the easier install and cheaper since you don't have to get the 6.5 mounting brackets. I will say this though having the 6.5 all around and having a quad cab the back seat was completely overpowered, what sounded like a good volume up front was deafening in the rear so I had to lower the amount of volume for the rears to make it even throughout the cab.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:33 AM
littlebeep3
Amateur

I am going with type-R speakers and I'm building a custom enclosure for an Fi Q 12 sub. I just didn't know which way to go with the door speakers

Quick Reply: Speaker Preference