Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Heads up: Wire aftermarket radios right or truck won't run right.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:05 PM
RacerChris40
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads up: Wire aftermarket radios right or truck won't run right.

I have a 2002 1500 QC and when I switched radios thet I had a surging problem and erratic shifting, found out when replacing the radio harness that the blue wire for the Pre amp was causing the issue since I dont have the premium sound option unhooked the blue wire from the harness and voila runs perfect and smooth shifting, hope this might help some with the surging issues

Also verified thru dealer if radio is hooked up wrong the pcm will cause issues due to wiring runs thru pcm

Old 08-20-2010, 12:51 AM
laxman11567

did u just unplug the wire or did u plug it in somewhere else

Old 08-20-2010, 11:45 PM
RacerChris40

I left the wire unhooked, and I've had no issues so far smooth idle and normal shifting..

UPDATE: The Dealer (Lewis Dodge in Fayetteville, AR) also said that the scosche wiring harnesses that adapt to aftermarket radios sometime have the incorrect pin outs

Old 08-25-2010, 01:11 AM
Ben D.
Champion

02 doesn't have Can-Bus controlled radio like the 06-08 models... On chryslers the preamp input on the factory harness is normally for a factory amp and power antenna.. Hooking it up when you don't have factory premium would at worst blow a fuse for the radio if it is somehow shorted to ground even though it is not connected... Most vehicles taht don't have factory premium or power antenna will not even have a pin for it therefore hooking it up does absolutely nothing

Quick Reply: Heads up: Wire aftermarket radios right or truck won't run right.