Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

XM and an iPOD on my 2004 OEM stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 02:52 PM
TBarCYa
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM and an iPOD on my 2004 OEM stereo?

I have a 2004 Ram with the Infinity soundsystem but without the phone interface. When I bought the truck I installed the terk XM interface which appears to have a pass-thru so that I can connect another auxiliary to the stereo and I want to install an iPOD interface as well. Has anyone added more than one auxiliary source to their OEM stereo? I imagine that it could have been ordered with a CD changer and satellite radio from the factory so this should be ok, but before I go ordering parts, I'd like to know if anyone else has tried it.

Thanks.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:08 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You could do a FM modulator and tune it to different frequencies but at this point with you continuously adding more, why not an after market HU?

Old 09-13-2010, 03:32 PM
TBarCYa
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've considered changing the HU especially since I can get the steering wheel controls to work with an aftermarket HU but since the dash isn't compatible with a double-din HU, or at least the dash bezel requires major customization, it's really not worthwhile at this time and the cost of adding the ipod module is minimal compared to replacing the HU.

As far as the FM modulator, I believe that the ipod connect module I saw allows me to control the ipod from the HU (and therefore from the steering wheel controls) which is preferable for me as it keeps all of my entertainment in one location.

I'm sure that there's a plug on the XM module to connect another accessory, so that's the route I'm going to go but it would be nice to know if it's going to work before ordering it.

Thanks!

Old 09-13-2010, 06:54 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I've got an 04 just like you and i have a pioneer double din HU. You can get a good pioneer DD HU for about 250+ if you know where to look. I mod those bezels for 75 + 15 to ship. You just have to send yours to have done. I've got lots of pics. But DD HUs are the way to go IMO.

If you want one made just LMK. PM me.

Quick Reply: XM and an iPOD on my 2004 OEM stereo?