Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

looking for 6x9 with good bass

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 01:19 PM
buganddoug
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for 6x9 with good bass

I am looking for 6x9 that has good bass. I can not do sub at this time.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:27 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a pair of Polk DB series 6x9's and the were unbelievable! BUT, you will need an amplifier to get the bass ouput you desire. Also, if your using a factory headunit, your going to lack bass with any speaker you try as the OEM headunit kills the bass as the volume increases.
Another issue...If you have the Infinity sound, the OEm amplifiers are not going to give you the power you need and are going to cut off the higher frequencies, so if the 6x9's are a 2way or 3way, they will essentially be a 1way midbass with no tweeter type vocals. You'll still have midbass vocals though.

6x9 or 6.5bass....means you need aftermarket amplifer. Just no way around it. You can do a Bass restoration module that converts your high level lines(speaker wire) to low level(RCA's) so you can hook up an amplifier. It will convert the wires and restore your bass that the factory headunit ruins.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:01 PM
buganddoug
Professional

OK I have a RB1 GPS Radio. So I am not looking to go after market on a head unit. I have 3.5" speakers in the dash I put in this summer and they maid a nice improvement in sound. I have Memphis PR 6x9 2 ways in the doors right now. I was thinking of putting back the stock front speakers to get some bass back. I have Memphis MClass 6.5 in my rear doors. I was thinking of trying Memphis MClass 6x9 in my front doors.
On my 1999 Dodge ram I had a stock CD/Tape radio with Memphis 6x9 MClass in the front and MClass 6.5 in the rear. They sounded awesome with great bass.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:45 PM
siggie30
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you need an amp to actually push them, thus giving you more sound.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:38 AM
03SxtD
Rookie

an amp would definitally help in this situation. Just remember a speaker can never sound like a sub

Quick Reply: looking for 6x9 with good bass