Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Infinity radio tape eject issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 01:12 AM
TitanOneSeven
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity radio tape eject issue

Hey all,

Got a little issue and wanted to see if anyone had any input. I've got a '95 Ram with the Infinity sound system installed still with the stock head unit. The issue I am having is with the tape deck. Anytime I turn the radio on it thinks there is a tape in it and tries to play it (but there is not) and I have to press eject to get it to return to the tuner. There is no tape in it, and it will not accept one if you try to put one in. It's kind of sucks to have to press eject every time I start the truck, and I can't use my tape adapter for my mp3 player either.

Any input would be great. I'm handy at taking stuff apart so that's my next step to see whats going on.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:11 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I havent seen or used a tape player in 15 years. Maybe it is time to spent a few bucks and upgrade???

Old 02-09-2011, 05:17 PM
TitanOneSeven
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha no doubt an upgrade would be nice. My truck does have a nice 12 disc CD changer in it that goes through the radio, so it's not like I can't put on my own music, I'm just tired of burning CDs! But thank's for your input man, may have to pony up for a new stereo. Nice truck by the way.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:44 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

You can get a cheap Pionneer head unit with Aux input to run everything off an MP3 player? Or get a HU with USB or SD ports

Quick Reply: Infinity radio tape eject issue