Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Replaced aftermarket HU and amps to OEM on 2005 ram 3500 w/ infinity now no sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 08:44 AM
voodoocar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced aftermarket HU and amps to OEM on 2005 ram 3500 w/ infinity now no sound

OK, I just traded my truck in last night but in case the dealer wants to know what is wrong with the stereo I would like to find an answer here. My installer bypassed the amps and cut into all the speaker wires at the 4 doors. Furthermore I believe I took the tweeters out of the dash.

So No I removed my aftermarket amps and sub (selling my mtx thunderform box and 10" subs - 2 ohm load - if anyone is interested $200 including shipping) and respliced all speaker wires at the four doors and replaced the aftermarket HU with the oem HU. The HU turns on and works fine but no sound whatsoever. Does this have anything to do with not having any tweeters installed? I still have 4 aftermarket RF component speakers in the doors but I did nothing to replace any OEM tweeters that may have been in the dash.

any ideas what is causing no sound whatsoever from any speaker? The factory amp is located above the glove box and is connected. I only see one lead going to the OEM HU other than the antenna lead. There is another receptacle but we believe that one is for an add on cd changer.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:23 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

He likely disconnected the remote amp turn on wire for the OEM amp or it has to do with the way he spliced the newer HU into the door speakers

Quick Reply: Replaced aftermarket HU and amps to OEM on 2005 ram 3500 w/ infinity now no sound