Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Any Aftermarket Stereo System Guys Here??

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Hemiguy45039
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Aftermarket Stereo System Guys Here??

Hey guys just wondering if any of you guys are into stereo systems and might be able to help me? I just bought the truck and they had an aftermarket pioneer cd player in it and they had what appeared to be a amp under the drivers side seat,all the wiring rca's,pwr,grnd ect were left there. It was all cheap very small wiring. So I pulled all that wiring out and put new stuff in (high dollar 4guage wiring) to run a sony 12 with a pioneer 800 watt amp. Got it all hooked up and working but now the only highs that I have is through the sub nothing through my factory speakers and when I put in a cd it does nothing and shuts the pwr light off on my amp. Thanks in advance for an ideas on what I can try!!

Old 03-11-2011, 02:12 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Have you verified the speakers are in the doors? Since the owner took the amp, he may have taken the door speakers also.

As for the wiring issues, you need to go to the manufactures site and download the install manual and check each and every wire and make sure they are all going to the right place. Do not assume anything.

Here is a site for the Dodge Ram OEM wiring.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...ard/Dodge.html

Old 03-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Hemiguy45039

Thanks. Yes all of the speakers were working just fine until I pulled the aftermarket pioneer cd player that was in the truck and replaced it with an alpine due to when I orginally hooked this stuff up to the pioneer head unit I had loud engine noise coming through my sub and reserched that pioneer head units are bad for this problem. Kinda mind boggling lol.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:41 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Pioneers do have that issue sometimes but it is usually because of a bad ground and the HU looks for a ground through the RCAs and gets it through the amp which gives that whine.

You could just take a wire and solder it to the outer shield of the RCAs and then screw it to the radio chassis and get rid of it.

Since everything did work before but not after you swapped HUs, sounds like you still need to go back through your manual and that link i posted and check your wires.

What year truck is this BTW? Does it have the factory 4 speaker system of have the Infinity system? If it is the Infinity then the OEM amp may not be coming on and be the issue.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Hemiguy45039

Thanks for the help man!!! I just found out what it was. I didn't have the blue/whilte striped wires hooked up. I never hooked them up due to I thought those wires were only if you had a pwr antenna. Anyway it's all working and bumping with cd playing as well. Mine is an 04 quad cab 4x4 infinity system. But thanks again this is a great forum. Most forums anymore seems like everyone on them can be a**holes when you ask questions lol.

Last edited by Hemiguy45039; 03-11-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Ben D.
Champion

yea if you hadn't figured it out that was what I was gonna say.. The shop I work at makes a killing on the chryslers with infinity.. We get calls non stop about "why does my radio work on FM but not CD" or "why doesn't my CD player play audio"...

Old 03-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Hemiguy45039

Thanks and yeah I've read alot of post on yahoo regauding this issue lol. Just glad it was a simple fix.

Quick Reply: Any Aftermarket Stereo System Guys Here??