Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Single Din Sleeve Unsecure

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 01:04 AM
airaspect
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Single Din Sleeve Unsecure

Hey all, this is my first post and I joined here specifically to ask this question. I've looked all over for an answer but can't really seem to find one.

I just began installation of my new aftermarket pioneer deh-8300Ub in my 3rd gen ram per crutchfield instructions, only to come to a halt once I put the single din sleeve in. As with any sleeve, you're supposed to bend the tabs to secure it in place...but there's nothing in that 1.5 din area for these tabs to be secured to...making it utterly useless.

I'd rather not have a loose sleeve able to slide around with the head unit while driving. What do you guys recommend I do?

Old 10-08-2011, 01:12 AM
GucciFlKrakker01

i put a jensen &"flip single den in mine and bought the mounting things from best buy... evn after breaking off wrong tab still had it fitted and secure.. even as gheet as it looks. but looks perfectly fine after dash is on..

Old 10-08-2011, 03:07 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

You should have a plastic mounting frame that bolts into place. It's the frame surround around the radio that closes the gap from a 1.5din to a single din. The metal tabs on the radio sleeve are suppose to be bent behind the plastic frame. It is the plastic frame that holds your radio in place.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:51 PM
airaspect

Problem solved as of last night!
Thanks dirtydog, didn't really realize that that was where it was supposed to be secured to. I thought it would secure somewhere inside the dash. The sleeve had some small tabs that I never saw the first time around.

Quick Reply: Single Din Sleeve Unsecure