Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

uconnect 4.3 and iPod help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 AM
bortzjr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went to the Dodge uConnect Support website and the Systems Update link was disabled. I checked the site about a month ago and no additional updates for any uConnect system were added since I first went there in June 2012. Very discouraging. I continue to 'get by" listening to songs alphabetically, but "getting by" should not be the standard by which we judge a car's performance!! So, I typed an email and sent it to the contact listed on the website asking for the latest plan and schedule for a solution. If I don't get a response I will try to contact the Chrysler uConnect person I spoke with in June 2012.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:27 AM
bortzjr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

It's approaching two years since I purchased my 2012 Charger and the uConnect remains as annoying as the day I brought it home. No updates for the RHA system are available at the uConnect support site. Even more frustrating than Chrysler's lack of customer support, I sat in a 2014 Charger with my iPod and found the newer system plays EVERYTHING correctly. They found a solution for new customers but they don't care for their existing ones!

Since 1985 I've purchased 8 Chryslers, but no more. Four are in my driveway for my wife and me, plus our two sons. They will die a natural death and I will move on to another brand.

Anyway, this weekend I found a bandaid solution. I was talking to guy in a restaurant discussing The Beatles Abbey Road album and mentioned my problem with the uConnect system playing that album. He suggested adding the Track number to the beginning of each song's Title. I said that would work fine but I can't do that with over 8000 songs. He mentioned a freeware program call Mp3Tag.exe. It allows batch changes to an MP3 song's tag entries. A tag is the ancillary info that accompanies many MP3 songs; filename, track number, title, artist, album, etc. The program was easy to find, deemed safe by my anitvirus software, and very easy to learn. I simply entered the directory on my harddrive where all my songs are located and told Mp3Tag to place each song's track number in front of that song's current title. In ten minutes the program was finished with 8000+ songs and no errors. I then reloaded my iPodFANTASTIC!

My iPod now plays songs in track order by playing each song alphetically. While I'm happy I found a band-aid, it sucks I have to search the net to find that band-aid. Chrysler should be able correct this major annoyance very easily, like they did for the newer models.

Good=bye Chrysler!

Old 04-29-2014, 09:08 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Good bye Chrysler just cause your car cant play your music? Whatever.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:49 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to mention that there are 3 different suppliers of the Uconnect system due to the number of different radios the Chrysler offers and they don't all perform equally because each company has their own developers and people don't perform the same. These systems are not interchangeable so perhaps a different model of vehicle would be in line. Each vehicle mfg has their own issues and none are perfect.

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Good bye Chrysler just cause your car cant play your music? Whatever.

Quick Reply: uconnect 4.3 and iPod help