Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Stereo Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 12:21 AM
djrusso7
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Problems

So i just bought a Clarion deck from a reputable local stereo shop and I wired up the harness and plugged it in, checked all the wires twice and it's not getting any power.. so i went to put the stock stereo back in.. and that gets power (it lights up) but no display and no sound.. I then took that stereo out and now my truck will only turn its lights on when the key is turned almost all the way without turning the truck on, u also need to do this to turn on any light in the truck, lock/unlock, many things that you could do without the key even in the ignition.. ANY IDEAS!?

Old 12-31-2011, 12:38 AM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have the Infinity system? If so, there are likely amps on the speakers which will not interface with the after-market system. Did you use an after-market harness? Metra (and others) make one which makes the wiring way easier for only a few bucks. There are two power connections. One is live with the key and one is hot all the time.

As for the lighting issue, I haven't a clue, unless somehow your ignition switch is not happy.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Brandangd69

I had this exact same problem. To fix it I ran a fused wire directly from the battery's positive to the yellow wire (constant power) of the wiring harness. Then connect those to the yellow wire of the clarion decks harness

Old 01-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Brandangd69

This should make all ur locks lights and deck work again

Old 01-04-2012, 12:30 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure what you hookd the red and yellow power wires up to????

You need to make your own ignition/power wire.
I used the pink/yw wire off the cig lighter for my HU power(ignition controlled)

Also, if you used a blue wire for the antenna, undo it. It's NOT the antenna.

There's wiring diagrams all over the web and in the FAQ section service manuals(downloadable)

Old 01-04-2012, 10:22 AM
djrusso7
Amateur

The reason my locks and and lights weren't turning on was because i blew a switched fuse which is why i was getting constant power and not switched power, as for why my deck was not going on I am not sure why but its working now.. maybe the switched fuse was why it wasnt going on? I dont know but wverything is hooked up and workwing normally

Quick Reply: Stereo Problems