Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

back up camera wire...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:22 AM
redhemi06
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back up camera wire...

set up a double din 7 inch dvd player almost a year ago and even bought the back up camera for it as well. i was told by a shop its a white w/ green stripe wire above the right front tire and found two. ive tried both but neither works, the radio has two options to activate for reverse. first is to ground the wire thats connected or give it battery power. would like to know if its the correct wire and how to correctly install. thanks!

Old 01-15-2012, 01:57 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

It is a white wire with a green stripe. Here is a picture of mine. TEST the wire before connecting anything to it. To do this, have some help or chock the tires and set the E brake. Take a meter or test light and test the wire for 12v with the trans in Park. There should be 0v. With the wheels chocks and the E brake set or someone in the truck with their foot on the brake, place the trans in Reverse and test the wire again for voltage as you now should have 12v+.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:30 PM
redhemi06
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, i tried this one before but i didnt go thru the steps like that so it was probably just user error

Quick Reply: back up camera wire...