Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Cannot get RCA cable behind dash

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:00 PM
BrentHamm
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannot get RCA cable behind dash

Hooking up my amps, and am having trouble running the rca cables from the passenger side to my deck.

Where are you guys running these wires, and what are you taking off to get it done?

Oh yeah..2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

Thanks.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:41 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

From the back of the truck I went under my door sills, up the pass side lower kick panel behind the glove box and behind the radio. Not being mean but if you arent sure how to or where to run RCAs, are you sure you need to be doing this? I just dont want you to make something worse. Its not hard to do though.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:03 AM
BrentHamm
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks..I have installed several systems before (multi amp, multi sub, caps etc)...

My problem was just in finding a spot to run the rca's to the deck on the passenger side. Did not seem to be any nice opening back there. Space behind the radio to the passenger side kick panel is very tight, maybe removing the glove box would do it. Just have not had time to get back at this project.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:08 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Oh well then youre good then. But yes, pull down the glove box and remove it, then just run the cables across. I cant tell how many many wires and cables ive got back there.

Quick Reply: Cannot get RCA cable behind dash