Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

i have an idea

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Motorizer
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have an idea

but not sure if it is even doable yet. Im always on the lookout for something unusual or i guess cool in some way something different. my idea is if i bought some fancy newer tablet pc if there is any way i could somehow have it control all my fog lights. for example if i clicked on a certain app or program it would take me to this screen that would have toggle switches and just by tapping on it. It would turn my lights on or off.

im not sure if technology can even do this yet. But i think it would kind of be cool

Old 03-14-2012, 12:39 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

It can be done from a truck/car-puter but not from a tablet that I know of. Reason being it is both software and based and the software in on a Windows platform. You can control all kinds of things but none of it is cheap and each module needed to control things add up quick. Plus its not PnP meaning there is a good bit of wiring and likely programming or trouble shooting needed to be done with it.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:29 PM
hillbilli
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wont be cheap and it definately wont be easy to do. All control wires going to a single switching unit controlled by computer. Finding the software to do it and then setting up a wireless signal to broadcast to handheld unit and back. You could probably modify a home automation kit to do it, but it seems like a lot of hassle and money to turn on a few fog lights.

Quick Reply: i have an idea