Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

2012 Uconnect SW update

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 01:13 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 Uconnect SW update

For those with 2012 vehicles that have either of the following radios:
RES, REQ, RBZ, & RHB
The File for the TSB 08-018-12 Uconnect SW update can be found at the link below:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vedk6f30v84e95r

And the instructions are:
Download this file that I have on Mediafire onto a thumb drive and : Place this thumb drive in the USB connector mounted either in the glove box or the center console. Press & release the uconnect phone button and say “set up, software update”. You will start to hear some beeps. This process will take about 20 – 25 minutes. It’s a good size file. During the beeps, the radio screen will in an update mode, when the beeps are done and the screen goes back to the radio then the process should be complete. Just wait for a few seconds after the radio starts to play before removing the thumb drive. Turn the key off, open & close the driver’s door. Wait about 30 seconds then turn the key on. After radio powers up wait about 15 seconds, then press and hold the uconnect phone button for about 15 seconds, the radio will start to say a few options and then something like please attach usb….. And then there will be a software version that comes up on the screen. Should be 63.02.48 V: HS: d2 or d1. When you see this
release
the button, press and release it again. The radio will show the radio screen now. Let me know how it works out for you. Thank you,
You will also need to delete the current pairing of the phone to Uconnect and the Uconnect to the phone, then start the new pairing session.

******NOTE******
If Uconnect update doesn't seem to take, then try changing the extension to .upn

***** MAKE SURE NOT TO INTERRUPT THE POWER DURING THIS PROCESS, THE MODULE WILL LOCK UP IF YOU DO. (THIS IS TRUE EVEN IF THE DEALER PERFORMS THE UPDATE). IT'S BEST TO JUST HAVE THE ENGINE RUNNING WHILE PERFORMING THE UPDATE.****

The update will have the following enhancements:

The customer satisfaction enhancements are included with this software release:
NOTE: After the HFM has been updated it will receive these enhancements.
· Reduced “Device Reading” wait time after connecting a device to the remote USB
port.
· Call / Dial separation improves upon names being recognized as phone numbers.
· Improved sound quality during Bluetooth streaming.
· Increased iPod and iPhone compatibility.
· SMS messaging support via MAP protocol (not all phones support the MAP
protocol).
· Added “None of These” and “Correction” to the phone book prompt menu for better
handling of similar names.
· Previous button will return the song currently being played to the beginning of the
track.
· AirPlay feature “Dock Connector” no longer needs to be manually selected on Apple
devices. This will resolve the “No Audio” condition when the device is connected to
the remote USB port and dock connector is not selected.
NOTE:

1) USB mode resume will no longer 'resume' after ignition OFF.
2) On iPhone's, SIRI features, Visual voice mail, Voice memos on the phone and other features where the phone simulates a call using you voice mail will not be supported by Uconnect. (this is because of how the phone handles incoming calls when these features are being used).

Last edited by xsdbs; 03-03-2015 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:40 PM
OB1kinobi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! I'll give it a shot...

Old 06-08-2012, 12:29 PM
xsdbs
Captain

You're welcome OB 1. Let me know if you have any questions.

Originally Posted by OB1kinobi
Thanks! I'll give it a shot...

Old 08-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Blue659
Rookie
Default 730n RHR

I just updated the Application to 2.169 and the gracenotes to 4118 without issues but I am still looking for the Uconenct update. Any idea if there is an Uconnect update for the 730N RHR model? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Blue659; 08-17-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:38 PM
xsdbs
Captain

What I've heard but haven't been able to fully confirm is that there is supposed to be an update for the harman radios in Sept or Oct. But I'll see if I can find out anything about it.

Originally Posted by Blue659
I just updated the Application to 2.169 and the gracenotes to 4118 without any issued but I am still looking for the Uconenct update. Any idea if there is an Uconnect update for the RHR model?

Last edited by xsdbs; 12-15-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:28 PM
psychogas
Default 730N RHR Update

Per my dealer today, the update for the 730N RHR is due in on Dec 5, 2012. Updated via a CD loaded at the dealer.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:54 AM
iConnectCursos
Default 730N RHR Update

730N RHR Update

Old 12-15-2012, 09:49 AM
mmark27
Rookie

Totally kick ***. thanks!

Old 12-15-2012, 10:51 AM
xsdbs
Captain

@mmark27,
Is this to a post that I made yesterday? This is weird because it looks like a couple of my postings have been removed from this thread. I don't know why.

Originally Posted by mmark27
Totally kick ***. thanks!

Old 12-16-2012, 08:53 AM
mmark27
Rookie

Originally Posted by xsdbs
@mmark27,
Is this to a post that I made yesterday? This is weird because it looks like a couple of my postings have been removed from this thread. I don't know why.
I used the information in OP to update my Uconnect and it worked. Hence the Kick *** part. My media center is still boned, I hope you have some sort of idea about how to get it functioning again.

Quick Reply: 2012 Uconnect SW update