Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

New stereo for 05 Ram Advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 12:13 AM
DirtyCanadian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New stereo for 05 Ram Advice

I have an 05 1500 SLT 4x4. I want to put in a new stereo and was wanting any input you guys may have now that they have been around a while. I wasnt going to put a stereo in it but its been such a good truck ive decided to never sell it. So I kinda messed up I put 4 kicker speakers in the doors already for bass so now that ive decided to add subs i should probably add two to the dash now. what do you recommend i do there? I wouldnt mind the whole new arm for dome tweeters but do not want just the 5"" add on piece you can see the crease. I also dont want ones from another ram that say infiniti. I want to add a video head unit and two 10" subs and a quality amp to power it. I already have a bassworx box that fits under the backseat and a capacitor. Anyone have first hand experience with this? I am waiting to buy the rest in pieces as I want to know whats good. What do I need to know about this bassworx box? will a head unit power my 6 stock speakers? where is a good spot to get them to mount my capacitor and amp? should I run a 2 nd battery? I think there is even a spot for one since its the same as a diesel. from what ive read they say only shallow mount subs sound good in rams??? what amp and subs should i get? what video head unit is the best? im not cutting my dash so it will have to be a slide out. are any of them as good as an iphone that slide out? and yeah im just looking for advice on how to do this before i make the serious buys.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:20 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Damn thats a lot of questions

I ran Kicked 6.5 coax in my front and rear doors and Kicker 3.5s in the dash.

If you want to run a video head unit (double DIN) then you should check out all the pieces I have made for them

I have never had a bassworx box but I have had ProBox and FoxBox

Youre asking about a second battery but havent even gotten into what amps and power you want to run. Gotta decide that first

Check out my albums of my work here on Facebook and see what you think

www.facebook.com/TrickedOut.DodgeRam

Quick Reply: New stereo for 05 Ram Advice